There are many ways for you to protect yourself from the traffic accidents; almost all of the countries have made the helmet compulsory for every bike rider. There are many safety measure taken by the riders themselves one of them is the motorcycle gloves. These have many protective features. They can protect your hands from cuts and bruises. The gloves are also good to protect your hands from cold. So it is very important that you wear a motorcycle glove when you go on a ride. It offers you a firm grip on the ride and this is the most important part of safety driving, if your grip on the ride is firm you can drive safely.
Here are some of the reasons for wearing motorcycle gloves:
– Your hands can get wet without a pair of gloves Gloves are very important in reducing the sweat of your hands, the gloves made of good material (cotton inside and leather outside) can prevent your hands from sweating, so if you are going on a hot say you must wear gloves to have a good grip on your ride.
– You can get yourself hurt without a pair of gloves If you are not wearing it and you accidentally fall from the bike or if there is any accident your hands, especially your fingers will be protected by the gloves. For this purpose you must wear good quality leather gloves.
– You can feeling those vibrations for a long time without a pair of gloves When it is cold outside your fingers might not work or get stiff, it is natural that fingers become numb in the cold weather. When you are on a bike riding at a good speed then the chances of getting your fingers cold and numb are greater, so to protect your fingers from getting cold and becoming stiff you must wear motorbike gloves.
Almost all the motorbike gloves are made from leather. Leather is the material that offers comfort and warmth both. Leather also is a perfect material to give protection to hands in case of accidents. When you go out in the market there you will find many types of motorcycle gloves, every types of glove have their own benefits let’s have a look at each one of them:
Summer Motorcycle Gloves: These are simply made from leather, thin leather; they are not resistant to water so only can be worn in summers when there is no rain. These gloves are comfortable only in summers.
Fingerless: These gloves offer comfort and a cool effect when you are driving; these are also good for the summer season not for the winter season. They do offer style but not a lot of protection. So when you need style and looks, these gloves are a perfect match.
Rain or Plastic Gloves: These are just meant for the purpose of keeping the rain away form your hands. These gloves have a waterproof/breathable fabric that protects the hands form the rain.
Winter gloves: These motorcycle gloves are the most think ones. As the name suggests these are for the winter season. These are made of thick leather material. They offer the warmth needed in the cold, these gloves offer much protection than the summer gloves.
Medium weight gloves: These are the motorcycle gloves that come between the winter and the summer season. They lie between the summer and the winter gloves. These are the types of gloves that the most of the riders use. These gloves come in many different styles, shapes and in all sizes.
Gauntlet: These are the ones that have an extra extension over the wrist as well (extra leather over the palm and the wrist). These gloves are perfect for any season and offer great protection. These motorcycle gloves are also sometimes lined with some insulating material that makes them perfect for cold days.
When you go to the market for buying the motorbike gloves you must keep in mind the size of the motorcycle glove must not be too loose. It must not also be too tight. The size matters a lot, a perfect fit will give you a perfectly comfortable and safe ride.
You must also consider the elements of performance needed while buying motorbike gloves:
– Strength of the motorcycle gloves: The protective coating must be very tough, it must maintain its integrity even after crashes. The strength depends on the type of material used in the gloves. Thick leather is good and offers more protection.
– Abrasion resistance
– Heat resistance The gloves must be heat resistant, they must not melt in case of immense friction.
– Ability to stretch The gloves must be able to be stretched. The gloves must not be stiff.
– Warmth In case of cold weather the gloves must be able to protect your fingers from getting cold.